You often hear the term “Sellers Market” or “Buyers Market” thrown around. What does it really mean to you? Is the Bosque County area currently a “Buyers Market” or a “Sellers Market”? Here is some answers that may help you. Currently Bosque County and Central Texas is a “Sellers Market”! What theis means to you is that if you are in the market to sell, this is a great time to list your home or property with a progressive real estate firm like BCP Real Estate. Properties are in demand and are bringing top dollar.
However, if you find your self buying in this “Seller’s Market” here are a few tips that may help you get the property you want in Central Texas. The most important thing to remember, be prepared to act! In fact a couple of our BCP agents signed a listing agreement and brought the Seller a close to full money offer the next day! All buyers interested in Central Texas should be prepared to act when they start looking. Here’s some things buyers can do to help get transactions done in an active market:
1. Be prepared to act, when your agent calls and says they have a new listing they think fits your criteria, don’t delay! Go see the property immediately!
2. Have your agent present “bonafides” to potential sellers to establish your credibility as a buyer, like a letter stating you are pre-approved for financing!
3. When you do find a property that meets your criteria, don’t low ball the seller, make a serious, legitimate offer; and finally,
4. Don’t include a lot of contingencies, if you do, the seller will just move on to the next offer and you will be left in the dust!
Central Texas is a great place to look for property that can fit your needs, don’t hesitate to call us at BCP Real Estate whenever we can help!
We get asked all of the time, “How do I Invest in Central Texas Ranch Property that our family can use for recreation and make sure the property will appreciate?” While no one can be certain that the property they buy will appreciate, the Bosque County and Clifton, Texas area has historically appreciated much faster than other areas. Here are the top three things that we have identified that make property in the Central Texas area appreciate faster than most.
1. First, it really must have proximity to economic activity and growth. This singular reason is why Central Texas properties have performed so well. The easy access from Central Texas to Dallas/Fort Worth and the San Antonio Corridor have provided a real boost to virtually all properties in Central Texas over the past four years and all projections indicate that trend will continue for the foreseeable future.
2.Second, the area that you choose gets a bonus if it has Community assets that are vibrant and add to the experience and enjoyment of being in the area. A great example of that for Central Texas is the Bosque Arts Center which offers multiple dinner theater performances each year, a nationally juried art show which draws artists from all across the US and classes in pottery, drawing/painting and music. Just one reason why people have found expanded enjoyment of their Central Texas recreational property!
3. Third and finally, and this attribute may not be as obvious is the others, the area you consider buying in for a recreational property investment, truly benefits if there are long standing real estate sales entities, like BCP Real Estate, which has been in business for over 30 years and annually helps people both buy and sell. Our agents are the most talented and experienced and friendly of any anywhere in Texas that is why you should give us a call today!
Those of us, in Bosque County, are pleased to hear that despite slowing growth of property values in other areas of the country Bosque County and the area surrounding Clifton, Texas continues to increase. We asked Owner and Broker for the number one Real Estate firm in the area to comment on what appears to be another great year for property values in Bosque county.
“Property values throughout Bosque County and the surrounding area continue to rise,” said Rick Douglas, owner of BCP Real Estate. “In some areas of the county, we saw more growth than others, but overall this is an encouraging sign for our area.” Rick went on to say, “Over the past 14 years we have completed 610 Real Estate transactions, totaling well over 100 million in sales. We have never seen anything like the recent growth. We find that a large number of buyers come to us from the large metro areas like, Austin, Houston or DFW, initially looking for recreational property. When they discover the well-rounded community assets of Bosque County, they can’t help but want to buy here and live here.“
But just what are these great assets that keep the property values strong and draw people to the Clifton area? Rick explains, “Bosque County has a good hospital, great outdoor activities, a thriving arts community, a recognized museum, exceptional retirement centers and a great public school system. Usually buyers are drawn to the area because of the natural beauty and outdoor activities, they decide to stay when they discover that we have big city amenities.”
Bosque County and Clifton were selected by the discriminating Norwegian settlers as a great place to live as early as the 1850’s. Many of the early settlers could see that the natural beauty, great natural water features and plentiful hunting made it a good place to settle down. Even today many people are attracted to the wide open spaces, rolling hills and rivers. Rick says, “Many of our customers are looking for a place they can use for hunting and fishing and recreation, when they learn that they have access to all of the Bosque County amenities they choose to also retire here, it’s been great for the local economy!”